Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aloha...from Pasadena

Hi everyone,

I had the pleasure of being invited to Roy Yamaguchi's 25th year anniversary of Roy's Restaurants Worldwide. Chef Roy himself was present of course, along with some of his close chef buddies - Celestino Drago (of Drago, Il Pastaio - my favorite Italian spots in LA!) and Akira Hirose (of Maison Akira). I am a huge fan of Roy's Restaurant, so I was stoked to be able to meet the chef in person. If you haven't been to Roy's, I highly recommend it - great Hawaiian dining - they have one of my favorite miso glazed butterfish (aka miso glazed cod) that literally melts in your mouth, as well as Hawaiian appetizer selections like lobster potstickers with miso butter sauce & ahi tuna poke. Yummmmm!

I absolutely love everything Hawaiian - Hawaii islands (LOVE Oahu), Hawaiian food, luau, hibiscus flowers, 80-degree all year around temperature, warm hospitality & breeze... shall I go on?? In celebration of Hawaiian cuisine - Sept 1-9 marks 3rd annual Hawaii Food & Wine Festival. It's a a great chance to experience Hawaiian culinary art & culture on Maui & Oahu with many of the world-renowned chefs & winemakers Anyone visiting Maui & Oahu during Sept 1-9 - definitely awesome to check this out! I would, if I'm lucky enough to be on the island during this time!!

Dreaming of Hawaii... right about now... :)

mahalo ("thanks"), julie
(aka cotton and sparkles, @cottonnsparkles)

 Beautiful Roy's Restaurant in Pasadena + SCORED a picture with Chef Roy himself, along with Chef Akira Hirose of Maison Akira

 Chef Roy & Guest Chefs Akira & Drago + Great bite-size Hawaiian food selection (Clockwise: Pork Belly with Wasabi Mashed Potato & Lobster Potstickers with Miso butter sauce, Scallop with Carrot puree + Kobe Beef, Ahi Tuna Poke, Cream Corn Lobster Ravioli)

Sushi chef at work + Delicious Desserts (Clockwise: Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream, Dessert Platter - Macadamia Nut Tartlets & Chocolate Truffle Cake)

Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Bar - Coolest. Thing. Ever. Fresh made liquid nitrogen ice cream - Lilikoi (passion fruit), Guava, Salted Caramel, Vanilla flavors.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bear, thank you for the comment. I hope you find my blog fun & helpful!

    cheers, julie

    ReplyDelete