Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Getting Lucky in Seattle

Hi everyone,

Happy Wednesday! Can't believe it's already middle of August - midway into Summer, back-to-school kicking in: meaning more traffic in LA #LAtrafficsucks.

You guys know I love traveling. Traveling to me doesn't necessarily mean packing up my luggage to fly somewhere international - it can be a simple local weekend getaway to Santa Barbara or even San Francisco (I'm a LA gal, so these cities are somewhat close to me!)

Today I am missing Seattle. Long gone are the days of going to Seattle for work (my client @TMobile was based in Seattle). I had the pleasure of visiting Seattle for fun this summer - and I really fell in love with the city. I've traveled to Seattle through the rainy seasons (which I kind of enjoy the light drizzles) - but this time I got LUCKY - the weather in Seattle during the summer is AMAZINGLY beautiful. Very green with hills, trees, mountains, with a blend of water @ the pier. Great food scene, especially a great selection of seafood (especially salmon and oysters!!) I love seafood, so Seattle had some great spots. Tom Douglas, a well known chef in Seattle has a series of 10+ restaurants, which all got great reviews. I was able to check out a few, but especially loved Serious Biscuit.

Hope you guys get a chance to check out Seattle...and get lucky as I did with the perfect weather & food. Until next time, Seattle!

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles)

Elliott's Oyster House: Go during happy hour for $1 oysters! Amazing view of the pier + great seafood for cheap happy hour price = perfection

 Serious Biscuit: Heavenly biscuits. Especially LOVED the fried chicken with tabasco black pepper gravy and homemade strawberry jam. Mmm, my mouth waters just thinking about it...

Green Leaf: Honestly, I had the best pho @ Green Leaf. Broth was unforgettable - so rich and tasty. Banh mi with grilled pork was oh.so.good.

2 comments:

  1. I thought getting lucky meant something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat the all things!!!!I love eating..That's why i'm getting fat.Haha..
    I want to eat "Fried Oni-gi-ri" & 오차즈케 that we ate nearby UCLA in 2012.

    ReplyDelete