Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Brand New Chapter

Hi everyone - hello & welcome to Cotton and Sparkles :)

I have been thinking of blogging for years, but with my crazy work schedule (90+ hours/week!!) - never made the time to commit to it. I love writing, jotting down my thoughts -- and what better way to share my thoughts than as a blog -- recording things I adore, things I love that put a smile on my face, and things that inspire me everyday.

The blog name "Cotton and Sparkles" is really a reflection of me. There's definite dichotomy of cotton and sparkles -- cotton is very simple, clean, and stress free, while sparkles give a bit of glitz & add a dynamic element. The combination of the two really makes me, me. I love things that are simple, comfortable, effortless -- yet layered with a bit of sparkles and fun.

More to come - looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you!

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles)

i love pairing simple dark grey top with fun, sparkly, chunky necklace. jcrew 
definitely makes some fun summer jewelry!
gotta love my chamomile tea @ my favorite coffee shop, Caffe Bene. It's a 
korean chained coffee shop - interior decor is welcoming, spacious, and inviting!
my go-to pair of glasses from Facefonts "essential of classico" collection. 
it's a Japanese brand - they do know how to make light-weight, comfortable 
glasses that I can wear everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on post #1! Where's post #2?

    Also can you add links to the items/locations you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bear - thank you for the first comment!
    If you scroll above underneath the first photo - you will see the links to some of the items I am wearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also here's the link to Caffe Bene:

    http://www.yelp.com/biz/caffe-bene-los-angeles-4

    :)

    ReplyDelete