Wednesday, August 21, 2013

If James Bond Wore Lipstick

Hi everyone,

It's every girl's dilemma - picking the perfect everyday lipstick color. I honestly go through phases of how I define "everyday" - nude, beige, pink - and then you have iterations of these colors: nude-y brown, baby pink, hot pink, brown beige, so on & so forth. I used to by default go for nude/beige colors that did not have any pinks in them because my lips are so pigmented as is -- but over time, I've really come to embrace the true pinks with a bit of pop in them. Colors really make me happy - and a pop of color on your lips can always add a bit of "oomph" to your look :)

My current favorite everyday color is Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait in Paresse - it is the perfect blend of lipstick & lipgloss in a universal pink color. I know there are a lot of other lipstains out there that can be a bit of gloss & lipcolor in one - but this Guerlain one is by far the best one that does not dry out your lips. The problem I have with some of the lipstains is the ingredient that can cause drying of the lips - but this one is amazing! There are 7 colors to choose from - personally think this is a good thing so you can pick your favorite color out of just 7 vs 70!

To be honest - one of the main reasons I fell for this is because of the PACKAGING! It is so cool (see pics below) - very sturdy, click-to-open, beautifully gold, and has a mirror! Voila! So futuristic looking. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for an everyday lipcolor with consistency of lipstick + lipgloss in one. It simplified my life - now I only have to carry 1 vs 2 lip stuff. :)

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles)

 Awesome gold & glossy packing - Beautiful!

I call it the universal pink - it has a true pink to it that can go well with any skin tone.

2 comments:

  1. Does the lipstick also have bluetooth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bear, thanks for the funny comment :) And no, this lipstick doesn't have bluetooth capability - although the idea of it would be VERY COOL.

    ReplyDelete