Monday, September 16, 2013

Phillip Lim For Target: AFTERMATH

 
Beautiful and Spunky 3.1 Phillip Lim Collection for Target - this is what I was able to pick up at the Target store 
early Sunday morning. But rest assured, I loaded up my online shopping carts with WAY more stuff.
One of my favorite pieces from the collection - Knit Dress in Animal Print. Loving the deep brown/beige on this 
and the stretchy fabric that's really flattering :) I paired it with the Travel Zipped Wallet 
that can totally work as a clutch. #love
This Boom Print Sweatshirt is not just fun, but super comfy. It's been highly anticipated ever since Jessica Alba 
wore it to the launch party. This black tote is definitely reminiscent of Phillip Lim's original Pashli bag - obsessed!
Hi everyone, hope you guys had a fabulous weekend! I had a pretty relaxing time, up until #PhillipLimForTarget countdown. I hadn't shopped online for the previous Target collaborations/releases for Missoni or Jason Wu, so didn't know what to expect. So I decided to stay up pretty much all night. Stayed up until I can get a first peak of the pieces. Honestly, it was social media + e-commerce at its best - #PhillipLimForTarget hashtag was the answer to my prayers. Big shout-out to @coralsncognacs - who was so instrumental in seeding "secret" links to all the hot pieces (including the handbags) earlier than anyone else on social media. Target.com was working out kinks on their site throughout the late night, so I did have to refresh numerous times to land some of my purchases. I'll post the full collection once it gets safely delivered to my doorsteps :) 

In addition to staying up crazy late scoring some of these goodies online - I worked up the courage to check out the local Target store, finding myself waiting in line since 7am (yes, 7am on Sunday morning *le sigh*). Truth be told - women are crazy when thrown into the wildness of cheap designer fashion. The second the doors opened at 8am, it instantly became mad frenzy of women of all ages (fashion doesn't discreminate) running for their lives towards the Phillip Lim collection. One woman literally cleared the rack of handbags with her two arms (think she took at the minimum, like... 15+ bags). I safely braved the fashion warfare, scoring the items in the pictures above. :) So happy.

Stay tuned later this week/early next week for the full collection in my wardrobe. :)

Anyone else have a frenzy Phillip Lim experience this weekend? Please do share!

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles, @cottonnsparkles, follow me on instagram)

p.s. according to Target, they are not getting additional stock of Phillip Lim collection! check out your local Target for any returns/exchanges :)

2 comments: