Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekly Obsessions: Fashion Week Edition

 
BCBG Max Azria’s collection had the perfect juxtaposition of chic + everyday + work casual, with romantic + feminine + vivid florals. What I love about BCBG is the practicality of the collection, but with stand out points. 

Not sure if you guys know, but Tadashi Shoji is one of Octavia Spencer’s (from Help) favorite designers. His collection was yet again reminiscent of romance, feminine, and love :) It was a perfect blend of romantic + classy + beauty. Loving the subtle plaid, lace as statement piece, and the mix of white lace & black shorts.

 
 Creative Director Emma Fletcher presented a "dreamy" collection of delicate chiffon & lace tops and dresses - some with lace accents and others with plaid. Similar to Tadashi Shoji - definite sense of feminine look, but Tocca was all about the PANTS! Everything from sky blue blazer/pant suit, mustard yellow cropped work pants, and navy blue high wasted pants. Looks that are perfect for day + evening.

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. I'm trying to stay cool in this crazy heat wave. Stay hydrated, all! Follow me on Instagram during the weekend for updates. :)

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles, @cottonnsparkles)

images: nydailynews.com

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited to see how lace & chiffon will be incorporated into the men's line especially now that the weather has gotten so warm. Is lace itchy? That would be my biggest concern. I don't like anything too itchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear, that is a very funny comment. I have not dug deep into the men's line - but I am doubtful of chiffon & lace fabric for men's line. Will keep you posted definitely when I find anything new for men's 2014 spring collection!

    ReplyDelete