Monday, October 14, 2013

Fallin' in Floral


Hi guys, hope you had a great weekend! I had a fun day on Saturday, with a quick outing to Knott’s Berry Farm, not even for the amusement park part, but to get yummy southern fried chicken @ the Knott’s chicken dinner restaurant :) It’s one of those spots I crave on a hot summer weekend (even though it’s technically Fall) and just want to be lazy! To match my “lazy weekend,” I wanted to wear something super comfortable & flowy (and honestly, something that was going to give me easy breathing room lol). So for this look, I paired a vibrant floral dress with brown suede ankle boots. Because there were a lot of colors already to this outfit, I kept the accessories light with watch with white leather band + pastel based jeweled bracelets. This outfit was light enough for the hot weather, but still carried a warm Fall tone. I love all things floral + earthy tones, which tend to give casual yet put-together look as long as you mix/match right – also these tones are pretty fool-proof, and not very hard to coordinate. Enjoy!

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles, @cottonnsparkles, follow me on instagram)

Outfit
Dress: Anthropologie Botanica Swing Dress
Clutch: American Apparel Carry All Pouch
Shoes:  Minnetonka Ankle Hi Boot
Watch: Michele Urban Mini 
Bracelet: Jcrew (similar here)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Cotton. I love Mrs Knotts fried chicken. The biscuits are amazing and so is this blog. Keep up the awesome job!

    -D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi *D* - thanks for your encouraging comment and visiting C&S! I am happy to hear that you have the same joy for Mrs. Knotts Fried Chicken! It's such yummy comfort food! And yes to the biscuits -- and how about those boysenberry butter & jam?! Hope you have an awesome day.

      cheers, julie

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Cotton. I would marry the boysenberry butter and jam if it was legally allowed. Dont forget the boysenberry punch too! I would adopt the punch as my child if it were possible...

      -D

      Delete