Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Candle Scents

Hi guys, quick post today on candles & scents. I love burning candles throughout the year, but especially during the season transition into Fall/Winter. Something so cozy and comfortable about having a subtle yet aromatic scent burning in the background. I love relaxing in my room with my favorite candle lit, while catching up on some reading, magazines, or just getting inspired in general about things around me that I want to write & share with you guys about! Or my other favorite thing to do is lighting up a candles while taking a long, much needed bath (with some bubbles for fun!). What's your favorite candle brand and/or scent and when do you usually light up your candles? Please tell me in comments below!

cheers, julie
(aka cotton and sparkles, @cottonnsparkles, follow me on instagram)

I fell in love with Capri Blue candles some time ago - you guys probably may have smelled the scent when walking into your nearby Anthopologie stores. They usually have it burning throughout their stores and I almost every time do a "wait, that smells so good" -- and walk back to where it initially caught my attention.

They have a pretty wide selection of scents - ranging from Jasmine & Rain to Mandarin & Peony.

My favorite scents by far are Volcano & Aloha Orchid. Volcano is a bit exotic with tropical fruit & citrus lemon/lime, where as Aloha Orchid is more floral with orchids, jasmine and white blossoms.


It’s fascinating how certain candles can be more luxurious & elegant. That’s how I feel about Voluspa candles, just by looking at their packaging (sometimes, I am more attracted by the packaging than anything else!) I feel like each candle light adds a bit of elegance. 

Voluspa uses creamy coconut wax blend that enhances the fragrance & burns clean (rather than leaving you with any burnt smell). 

One of my favorite scents (really one of many) is the Citron Vert & Vanille, characterized with tart green citron, caramel sugar, whipped creme fraƮche and vanilla. It really smells as yummy as it reads.


Speaking of packaging, Jo Malone's signature cream packaging with black edging is so iconic. I love her success story – she started by making her own perfumes with flowers from her garden & grated soap, and at the age of only 19, she took her personal passion to an actual business, featuring handmade scents & products. So inspiring.

I love how Jo Malone candles pair unusual ingredients you may not expect and create very versatile fragrances.

My personal favorite: Orange Blossom & Nectarine Blossom & Honey, featuring subtle blend of floral + fruit without smelling too sweet.

3 comments:

  1. What candles would you recommend for the bathroom? Preferably something powerful that can really overpower any kind of scents. Not for me. My friend is asking. He likes biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bear, thanks for visiting C&S and the comment!! It's been awhile since you visited! You can really use these candles in the bathroom too -- but for inexpensive options, how about tealight candles from Ikea? They make some good scented tealight candles at fraction of the cost! :)

      cheers, julie

      Delete
  2. Hello Ms Sparkles. Candles are great, but always keep in mind to use with caution. According to the US Fire Administration, there is an avg of about 15,000 house fires caused by candles per year. Candles my be nice to just relax with or even cover up certain overpowering smells in the bathroom like Mr Bear's friend, but only when used responsibly.

    -D

    ReplyDelete